Funding for Undergraduate Students
Visit the Office of Student Financial Services for more information on scholarships and financial aid.
- LACIS has funding available for undergraduates (who meet application criteria) that are interested in pursuing internships or volunteer projects abroad.
- UW-Madison Resources
- Beinecke Scholarship (Apply as a junior for Grad School Funding)
- Elie Wiesel Prize in Ethics
- FLAS Program (Foreign Language & Area Studies Fellowships)
- Fulbright Awards (Full Grants, English Teaching Assistantships)
- F Chandler Young Distinguished Senior Honors Student Award
- General Scholarships
- Grants for Community Service and Research
Hilldale Research Fellowship
- Purpose: The Hilldale Undergraduate/Faculty Research Fellowships and Holstrom Environmental Scholarships support undergraduate research done in collaboration with UW–Madison faculty or research/instructional academic staff.
- Award: Up to 80 Hilldale and 5 Holstrom awards are made each year. The student researcher receives $4,000, and faculty/staff research advisor receives up to $1,000 for costs associated with the research (e.g., supplies, faculty or student travel related to the project). If projects have more than one student or one faculty member together, the stipend levels will vary. Please note that eligible students must have junior standing at the time the application is submitted.
- Homeland Security Undergrad Scholarships and Grad Fellowships
- International Institute Fellowship
- L&S Honors Program Grants and Awards
- NSEP Scholarships
- OAS Fellowships
- Public Policy and International Affairs Fellowship Program
- Ralph Bunche Summer Institute (for minority students, apply during Junior year)
- Rhodes Scholars (2 years at Oxford)
- Truman Scholars (apply during Junior Year, $30,000)
- Undergraduate Awards
- WI Idea Undergrad Fellowship