Thanks to the generosity of the Tinker Foundation, every year LACIS is able to bring scholars and professors specializing in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain or Portugal to the UW-Madison campus.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, Diana Klinger, Associate Professor of Literary Theory at the Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of History, German Palacio, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Public Policy, Carlos Urzua, Academic Director of the School of Government of Tecnologico de Monterrey and member of the Mexican Academic of Sciences, Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, Nuria Alkorta, Professor of Interpretation at la Real Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático de Madrid. Syllabus for “Theory and Practice of Hispanic Theatre”
- Visiting Professor of Soil Science, Mauricio Ferreira Fontes, Professor at the Soil Science Department at the Universidade Federal de Viçosa. Syllabus for “Soils of the Amazon Region: Genesis and Mineralogy”
- Visiting Professor of Economics, Jorge Tovar, Associate Professor of Economics at Los Andres University in Bogota, Colombia. Syllabus for “Applied Sports Economics”
- Visiting Professor of Law School Pablo Rueda Saiz, Ph.D. Jurisprudence & Social Policy Department, University of California Berkeley.
- Visiting Professor Department of Spanish and Portuguese Hélio Seixas Guimarães. Professor of Brazilian literature at the University of São Paulo. He is a leading authority on nineteenth- and twentieth-century Brazilian literature and is among the foremost experts on the oeuvre of Brazil’s most prestigious literary figure, Machado de Assis.
- Visiting Professor of Political Science: Ernesto Dominguez López. Full professor of the Center for Hemispheric and United States Studies, University of Havana, Cuba. email@example.com
- Visiting Professor of the Department of Forest & Wildlife Ecology: Cristián Fernando Estades. Profesor Titular Universidad de Chile.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Bastiaan Reydon, Professor, Instituto de Economia of the Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: Cristian Bonacic, Veterinarian and Associate Professor, School of Agriculture and the Environment, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Chile.
- Visiting Professor of Agriculture and Applied Economics: Gustavo Gordillo, Professor of Rural Development, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Community and Environmental Sociology: Gerardo Otero, Professor of Sociology, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver B.C., Canada.
- Visiting Professor of Public Affairs: Francisco Pilotti, Organization of American States, Washington, D.C.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Mauricio Garcia Villegas, Professor in the Institute of Political Science and International Relations, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Botany & Environmental Studies: Pablo Prado, Conservation Biologist & Professor at Universidad de San Carlos in Guatemala City.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: German Palacio from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia-Sede Amazonia in Leticia, Colombia
- Visiting Professor of Public Affairs: Jorge Papadopulos, Banco de Prevision Social del Uruguay, Uruguay.
- Visiting Professor of Business: Glauco Arbix, Director of the Observatory for Innovation in the Institute for Advanced Studies and Professor of Sociology at the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: German Palacio from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia-Sede Amazonia in Leticia, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies: Virginia Vargas Valente, Catolica Universidad, Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Theatre: Luis Peirano, Pontificia Universidad de Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Helena Alviar Garcia, Los Andes University, Bogota, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of History: David Sheinin, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Nicolas Lynch, University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Afro-American Studies: Father Glyn Jemmott, Social Worker/Priest, Mexico.
- Visting Professor of Environmental Studies: Mary Allegretti, Cubrita, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Javier Couso, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile.
Fall 2005 & Spring 2006
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Jose Maria Morales, University of Berlin.
- Visiting Professor of History: Alcida Rita Ramos, University of Brasilia.
- Visiting Professor of Botany: Liliana Katinas, Universidad Nacional, Argentina.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Ana Margarita Mateo Palmer, School of Theatrical Arts, Cuba
- Visiting Professor of Geography: Carlo Eduardo Reboratti, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
Visiting Professor Sociology: Maria Helena Moreira Alves, Viva Rio (NGO), Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Joao Cezar de Castro Rocha, University of Rio de Janeiro
- Visiting Professor of History: Alfonso Munera-Cavadia, University of Cartagena, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Philosophy: Evodio Escalante, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Botany: Carmen Fenoll, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: Jose Moreno, Universidad de Castilla, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Mauricio Garcia Villegas, Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Political Science: Paloma Aguilar Fernandez, Centro de Estudios Avanzados en Ciencias Sociales, Fundación UNED, Madrid, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Agriculture & Applied Economics: Adolfo Figueroa, Catholic University, Lima.