Thanks to the generosity of the Tinker and Nave Foundations, every year LACIS is able to bring scholars and professors specializing in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain or Portugal to the UW-Madison campus.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, Diana Klinger, Associate Professor of Literary Theory at the Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of History, German Palacio, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Public Policy, Carlos Urzua, Academic Director of the School of Government of Tecnologico de Monterrey and member of the Mexican Academic of Sciences, Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish and Portuguese, Nuria Alkorta, Professor of Interpretation at la Real Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático de Madrid. Syllabus for “Theory and Practice of Hispanic Theatre”
- Visiting Professor of Soil Science, Mauricio Ferreira Fontes, Professor at the Soil Science Department at the Universidade Federal de Viçosa. Syllabus for “Soils of the Amazon Region: Genesis and Mineralogy”
- Visiting Professor of Economics, Jorge Tovar, Associate Professor of Economics at Los Andres University in Bogota, Colombia. Syllabus for “Applied Sports Economics”
- Visiting Professor of Law School Pablo Rueda Saiz, Ph.D. Jurisprudence & Social Policy Department, University of California Berkeley.
- Visiting Professor Department of Spanish and Portuguese Hélio Seixas Guimarães. Professor of Brazilian literature at the University of São Paulo. He is a leading authority on nineteenth- and twentieth-century Brazilian literature and is among the foremost experts on the oeuvre of Brazil’s most prestigious literary figure, Machado de Assis.
- Visiting Professor of Political Science: Ernesto Dominguez López. Full professor of the Center for Hemispheric and United States Studies, University of Havana, Cuba. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting Professor of the Department of Forest & Wildlife Ecology: Cristián Fernando Estades. Profesor Titular Universidad de Chile.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Bastiaan Reydon, Professor, Instituto de Economia of the Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: Cristian Bonacic, Veterinarian and Associate Professor, School of Agriculture and the Environment, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Chile.
- Visiting Professor of Agriculture and Applied Economics: Gustavo Gordillo, Professor of Rural Development, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Community and Environmental Sociology: Gerardo Otero, Professor of Sociology, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver B.C., Canada.
- Visiting Professor of Public Affairs: Francisco Pilotti, Organization of American States, Washington, D.C.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Mauricio Garcia Villegas, Professor in the Institute of Political Science and International Relations, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Botany & Environmental Studies: Pablo Prado, Conservation Biologist & Professor at Universidad de San Carlos in Guatemala City.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: German Palacio from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia-Sede Amazonia in Leticia, Colombia
- Visiting Professor of Public Affairs: Jorge Papadopulos, Banco de Prevision Social del Uruguay, Uruguay.
- Visiting Professor of Business: Glauco Arbix, Director of the Observatory for Innovation in the Institute for Advanced Studies and Professor of Sociology at the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: German Palacio from the Universidad Nacional de Colombia-Sede Amazonia in Leticia, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies: Virginia Vargas Valente, Catolica Universidad, Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Theatre: Luis Peirano, Pontificia Universidad de Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Helena Alviar Garcia, Los Andes University, Bogota, Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of History: David Sheinin, Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.
- Visiting Professor of Sociology: Nicolas Lynch, University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
- Visiting Professor of Afro-American Studies: Father Glyn Jemmott, Social Worker/Priest, Mexico.
- Visting Professor of Environmental Studies: Mary Allegretti, Cubrita, Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Javier Couso, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile.
Fall 2005 & Spring 2006
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Jose Maria Morales, University of Berlin.
- Visiting Professor of History: Alcida Rita Ramos, University of Brasilia.
- Visiting Professor of Botany: Liliana Katinas, Universidad Nacional, Argentina.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Ana Margarita Mateo Palmer, School of Theatrical Arts, Cuba
- Visiting Professor of Geography: Carlo Eduardo Reboratti, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
Visiting Professor Sociology: Maria Helena Moreira Alves, Viva Rio (NGO), Brazil.
- Visiting Professor of Spanish & Portuguese: Joao Cezar de Castro Rocha, University of Rio de Janeiro
- Visiting Professor of History: Alfonso Munera-Cavadia, University of Cartagena, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Philosophy: Evodio Escalante, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico.
- Visiting Professor of Botany: Carmen Fenoll, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Environmental Studies: Jose Moreno, Universidad de Castilla, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Law: Mauricio Garcia Villegas, Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
- Visiting Professor of Political Science: Paloma Aguilar Fernandez, Centro de Estudios Avanzados en Ciencias Sociales, Fundación UNED, Madrid, Spain.
- Visiting Professor of Agriculture & Applied Economics: Adolfo Figueroa, Catholic University, Lima.