This fall LACIS is pleased to welcome several new individuals to its staff:
- Katarzyna Beilin, a professor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese, will join LACIS as the Faculty Director. According to her online biography, Professor Beilin’s “research spans the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America with a focus on environmental issues, alternative economies, time and memory, and indigenous epistemologies.”
- Sarah Ripp, who formerly worked for LACIS between 2008 and 2016, returned to LACIS in May 2019, and will serve as the Academic Services and Programming Manager.
- Laura Bunn, an incoming student in the Master of International Public Affairs, graduated with a BA in journalism, international studies, and Spanish from UW-Madison in May 2019, is our incoming graduate project assistant.
- Janel Anderson, a doctoral student in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (and formerly a High School Social Studies (global ed) teacher for 19 years), is LACIS’ new part-time, outreach programming assistant.
- Claire Campbell is an undergraduate student working towards her degree in both journalism and Spanish with a specialization in reporting and strategic communication. She will serve as LACIS’ social media and communications assistant.
Please join us in welcoming them to the LACIS community!