Project: I recently started a new project with colleagues in Brazil (at USP). It’s a comparative study of early grade literacy policy and pedagogical practice in the U.S. and Brazil.
- Windle, J., de Jesus, D., and Bartlett, L. (eds) (2020) The Dynamics of Language and Inequality in Education: Social and Symbolic Boundaries in the Global South. Multilingual Matters.
- Bartlett, L. (2020). Anthropology and Education. Special issue of Revista de Educação & Realidade 45, 2. Available at http://educreal.ufrgs.br
- Dowd, A.J., Bartlett, L., Khamis-Dakwar, R. and Froud, K. (2020). Measure Fluency, Vocabulary, and Comprehension in International Reading Efforts. Comparative Education Review 64(2), 309-315.
- Dowd, A.J. & Bartlett, L. (2019). The need for speed: Interrogating the dominance of oral reading fluency in international reading efforts. Comparative Education Review, 63(2), 189-212.
- Bartlett, L., Oliveira, G., & Ungemah, L. (2018). Cruel optimism: Migration and schooling for Dominican newcomer immigrant youth. Anthropology and Education Quarterly, 49(4), 444-461.
- Bartlett, L. & Vavrus, F. (2017). Rethinking case study research: A comparative approach. New York: Routledge.